There was a time when a batch of standardized test scores was considered a passable snapshot of a school’s performance. But those numbers never really told the whole story, leaving out key measures that reflect academic engagement, school climate and discipline trends.
That’s why state education officials introduced the California School Dashboard in 2017. This online tool bundles together a series of visual indicators for each school and district to paint a more complete picture of performance, progress and needs.
If you haven’t looked up your local school on the dashboard, it’s worth taking a moment to explore the site to see how it works.
- Getting to Know the 2022 California School Dashboard (PDF)
- Getting to Know the 2022 Dashboard State Measures (PDF)
- Reporting Current Year Data Only on the 2022 Dashboard (PDF)
- How to View Performance of a School or District on the 2022 Dashboard (PDF)
- Exploring the Equity Report (PDF)
- Getting to Know the Local Measures (PDF)
- Information on Local Measures for Parents (PDF)